The first trimester theoretically should be over today.
How come I still feel sick all day? Insert dagger emojis.
Here are some fun things I have learned in the past 12 weeks:
- Second pregnancies are worse for everyone. Everyone has told me that they felt awful during their second. This should be a warning. This should be a known thing. Not a “oh you’re pregnant? you feel awful? Jokes on you, everyone does.”
- Out of breath by the time I get to the top of the stairs. I do not remember this happening this early in the first pregnancy, but I do remember it clearly towards the end of the last one.
- Your body can change and you can not gain a pound of weight. (new scale confirms this).
- Pregnancy brain starts earlier this time around.
- EVERYTHING HAPPENS SOONER AND EVERYTHING IS AWFUL.
It gets better? At least I can get pregnant? Side eye.
How Far Along: 12 weeks
Size of Baby: French Macaron
Total Weight Gain: So zero pounds. According to the scale, the new scale that I bought. 134 this morning. I’ll take it.
How am I doing: I’m fine. I’m exhausted and tired and antsy and anxious but too exhausted to do anything. I need to clean the house, and I need to do some grocery shopping, and I need a break. And I need to do something. So, I’m really in a conundrum here.
Movement: Nothing yet. But, from my previous posts it looks like I felt Anna around 14/15 weeks. I’ve heard with second babies women tend to feel them earlier (noticing a trend here?). So I’m thinking I should be able to feel it in the next couple of weeks.
Status of my Belly: It’s bloated and popped. I don’t know why this week it looks smaller than last week, but I am definitely in maternity pants these days.
Doctor’s Appointments: I have my second sonogram in one week. This one without the frustration as last time. And to disappoint you all–we still aren’t finding out the sex of our baby.